Monday, June 13, 2011

it doesn't feel like thanksgiving.....

In an attempt to meet people, I have started to run with the Clarksville Running Club. My first attempt was June 4. I discovered that there are 2 types of runners in the club - fast ones and me. giggle. I ran the majority of the route by myself but I was exposed to a new running route. That's a huge fringe benefit. My goal was to keep them in sight so as not to get lost. I was successful.
Not one to be easily discouraged, I showed up at the Clarksville Greenway for meeting #2. Once again, I was left alone with my thoughts but the Greenway is really nice and tranquil. I didn't mind. It's a paved path through pretty dense woods. The Greenway route is an out and back so my social interaction was waving to the club members as they ran back to the start.
During the run, a huge wild turkey flew across my path. They are noisy fliers. I was a little shocked - the last time that I had seen one was in a shot glass in college. yikes